Sunday, February 17, 2013



Enjoying the moments!

This past weekend, the weekend of Nemo, I was lucky to enjoy some great moments.
I would like to quickly digress and say I do not know how I feel about this naming of snow storms! And Nemo??!! Really?! I think not, Bruce is more like it! I know they have a set list of names to choose from, but anyway!

So, on Friday, I was snowed in at work. I had to sleep at the hospital I work at. It was quite an experience, but, I was able to get to know some of my new co-workers a bit better!

Saturday, my co-workers and I shoveled away to get home as soon as possible! I was so thankful that my hubby cleared out the driveway and walkway for me! I took a shower and slept for a few hours! When I woke up, we made some delicious chocolate chip cookies!!!! Recipe to follow! We then went and played in the snow a bit. We ordered in some pizza, watched some TV shows on our DVR, and relaxed together!







For the cookies! These are the softest, most yummy cookies I have made! I always find my cookies get hard the next day, and I hate that! So, I have been playing around and have FINALLY gotten it right!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • milk chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Cream butter, oil and sugars. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, I added the chips last.  I use a cookie dough scoop for my cookies (looks like a mini ice cream scoop)...http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/martha-stewart-collection-small-cookie-scoop?ID=254747
  3. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. The recipe made about 34 cookies! 

I was SOOOO excited for Sunday! My great friend and photographer, Amanda Picone was finally going to be able to have her snow shoot! And i was SO lucky to get to be one of the models! When Amanda and I first met, we always spoke about doing a snow shoot! We had a few small flurries on our NYC Christmas engagement shoot and as luck would have it, snow on our wedding day, but not quite what we were hoping for! We had a blast! I think the pictures came out amazing too, and I am so excited to see the rest! Sunday evening kicked off with Sunday family dinner and Grammy Watching! I also put together my first video on the computer to enter a contest with Amanda and Stacy (another great friend and makeup artist!). Here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=134Dzncz8vU







Sunday was the day I also FINALLY published this blog and I have been getting such amazing feedback, so THANK YOU! 

I hope you all have an amazing week!
Upcoming blogs will focus on DVC and weight watchers!
Thank you for joining me in my journey!
Xxoo Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment